This very minute, are you sitting in your walk-in closet as you read this on your computer? If so, that probably means that you are using your large master bedroom closet as your home office, as well as a place to keep your clothes. When you look around, maybe you know that you need some serious help in getting your closet well organized.
Maybe you have heard about custom closet organization systems, but you might have thought the service would be too expensive for you to use. It's true that the service won't be cheap, but it's probably more affordable than you thought it would be. And, when your closet looks fabulous, you'll know that your money was well spent.
Make An Appointment With A Professional Closet Organizer - Think of a time and day when you can stay home to be on hand, just in case the worker has questions for you. Before he or she arrives, try to take time to rid your closet of any items that you don't want anymore. Remove things that should be in other rooms, too. For instance, if suitcases are taking up valuable space in your master bedroom closet, could they be placed in your attic or in a hall closet? Don't worry about the computer table, though. If your closet is where you like to work, the organizer will work with that.
What You Might Expect The Finished Product To Look Like - When the closet organization is complete, prepare to be amazed in a big way.
- A special shelf that will hold things like computer paper and other office supplies will be placed next to your computer so you can access those items easily.
- See-through shoe boxes and purse containers will be placed together. If you have a collection of boots, they will have their own place by the shoes and purse containers.
- Space will be utilized in a perfect way, with slacks and short skirts hung above blouses and T-shirts, or vice versa.
- Longer dresses will have their own section, with day dresses next to them.
- A pretty chest of drawers might be part of the organization system. That will be a good place for things like scarves, lingerie, and gloves.
Once your closet is well organized, think of putting aside just a few minutes at the end of the day to make sure all of your belongings stay in their new location. And, remember not to keep things that you don't want or need anymore.